I love Nutella. I am obsessed with peanut butter. Put them together (or, rather, one inside the other), and what do you get? Hand-held perfection. Truly, there is nothing more I can say. The pictures speak for themselves.
Per cookie: 203 calories, 10.7g fat (3g sat), 23.6g carbs, 2g fiber, 3.5g protein
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Earth Balance, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a small bowl, sift together the flours, baking soda, and salt.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, whisk the flaxseed with 3 Tbsp warm water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the margarine and sugars.
- Beat at medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Add the flax mixture and beat until well combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture a little bit at a time, beating until all the flour streaks are gone (do not overmix).
- Cover and refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a large bowl and beat well.
- You should be able to easily roll the filling into balls. If it’s too sticky, add more powdered sugar. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease two baking sheets or line with parchment paper. Divide the chilled cookie dough into 1-Tbsp portions and roll into balls.
- Flatten out two balls of dough at a time. Roll about 1 tsp of the Nutella dough into a smaller ball, flatten, and place on top of one round of dough.
- Cover with the other round of dough, pinch edges to seal, and roll gingerly into a ball again. Repeat with all dough (you may have some filling left over) and place balls onto the baking sheet.
- Gently press down on the cookies to flatten slightly. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or just until the edges are golden.
- Let cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
WONDERFUL. Please do yourself a favor and make make MAKE these!