Even though last entry’s whole grain rosemary-garlic bread is absolutely mouthwateringly perfect all on its own, it’s also great with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, or a savory dip. This black olive tapenade, also courtesy of Urban Vegan, makes a particularly excellent pairing with that bread or any other.
Per serving: 135 calories, 13.7g fat (2g sat), 3.8g carbs, 1g fiber, .6g protein
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp capers, rinsed
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Put all ingredients in a food processor (or Vitamix).
- Pulse until almost smooth, then transfer to a small container. That’s it!
Sodium-watchers beware, this tapenade is salt-tastic! But it’s SO good; full-flavored, garlicky, and satisfying. Whether you eat it on whole grain bread, beer bread, flatbread, pita chips, crackers, or even raw veggies, I know you’ll love it.