Before I announce the winners of my Organics Are For Everyone date syrup giveaway (though you’ve probably scrolled down and looked already!), I’ve got one more treat to share with you. I decided to do a raw riff on Hannah’s recipe for sweet and salty cashews, and it turned out great!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 2 Tbsp date syrup
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tsp raw sesame seeds
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Rinse and drain the cashews very well, then pat dry with a clean towel.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients.
- Add the cashews and toss or stir well to coat.
- Transfer to a Paraflexx-lined dehydrator tray (or a greased baking sheet, and just bake them in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes!).
- Spread the cashews evenly so that they’re not touching (or are barely touching). Dehydrate for
- 6-8 hours, then move to a mesh-lined tray and dehydrate for 6-8 hours longer.
These cashews are SO yummy! They have an incredibly complex flavor, what with the sweetness of the date syrup, the tang of the balsamic vinegar, and a little salt and heat in each bite, plus the extra crunch factor of the sesame seeds.
Thanks to everyone else who entered! If you didn’t win, never fear—there will be another AV giveaway before you know it.