Up until last Friday, I was under the impression that for the first time since January, I’d actually be home for one full month straight…but it turns out that’s not the case! Before I fly out to Los Angeles tomorrow and immediately start posting about my trip, I wanted to squeeze in a quick, travel-friendly recipe for you lovely readers.
The last recipe I shared was my raw sunny cashew-apricot energy cookies; they were such a hit that not long after that, I was back in the kitchen playing with ideas for other “energy snacks.” I soon came up with these brownie-like treats. They make a great snack, breakfast, or even dessert. Brazilnuts provide the international flair, and cherries + carob = cherob!
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Sugar-Free, RawPer serving: 132 calories, 7.1g fat (1g sat), 18.4g carbs, 3g fiber, 2g protein
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raw Brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 3 tablespoons carob (or cacao) powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Combine the dates, Brazilnuts, pecans, carob, and salt in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are finely ground and the mixture is homogenous.
- Add the cherries and pulse until well-incorporated but still slightly chunky.
- Press the mixture into a wax-paper-lined 8-inch square pan and freeze for at least one hour.
- When frozen, cut into desired shapes. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
I experimented by cutting these into bars…
…and even little bite-sized squares (thus the indecisive moniker “snacks”!).
Enjoy! If you try these, I’d love to hear how you like them.
Blog at ya soon—from L.A.!