First my new look, and today, my new book!
I am unspeakably proud to present to you the cover and contents of my upcoming second cookbook! I can now officially tell you that the follow-up to Practically Raw is…
Practically Raw Desserts: Flexible Recipes For All-Natural Sweets and Treats revolutionizes raw desserts with easy substitutions and baking options. This innovative dessert cookbook is filled with recipes for scrumptious raw cakes, cookies, brownies, pies, puddings, candies, pastries, fillings, frostings, and frozen treats. The recipes are vegan, gluten- and soy-free, and also free of refined grains and sugars, and other nutrient-poor ingredients. Substitutions and variations allow for easy cooking in a non-raw kitchen.
Ideal for beginners as well as seasoned raw foodists, Practically Raw Desserts is jam-packed with delicious, healthy-yet-indulgent treats that include Confetti Birthday Cake, Pecan Shortbread Cookies, Baklava Blondies, Devil’s Food Cupcakes, Deep-Dish Caramel Apple Pie, Cashew Butter Cups, Summer Fruit Pizza, Dark Chocolate Sorbet, and many more!
Explore raw desserts at your own pace, even without special equipment or hard-to-find ingredients. Several recipes include oven-baking options, and the rest are no-bake! This companion book to Practically Raw is filled with full-color photos and provides nutritional data, a pantry guide, tips, substitution options, and helpful ingredient guides for each recipe. If you’re looking for delicious and vibrant dessert recipes with maximum flavor and nutrition, then you’ll love Practically Raw Desserts.
All of the recipes in Practically Raw Desserts are:
- Under 300 calories per serving
All of the recipes in Practically Raw Desserts are free of:
- Gluten and wheat
- Refined sugars and flours
- Gums (guar, xanthan, etc.)
Many of the recipes in Practically Raw Desserts are also free of:
- Added sugars
All of the recipes in Practically Raw Desserts provide:
- Numerous ingredient substitution options
- Baking directions for using a conventional oven, if applicable
- Fun and creative variations to stretch your desserts repertoire even further
Many of the recipes in Practically Raw Desserts provide:
- A lower-fat variation: ideas for lowering the fat content of the recipe
- A sugar-free variation: tips for replacing added sugars in the recipe
- Nut-free and/or oil-free variations, if applicable
- Chef’s tips to help streamline or enhance the recipe
All of the recipes in Practically Raw Desserts will appeal to:
- Raw foodists and raw food dabblers
- Vegetarians and current or aspiring vegans
- Those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity
- Those with allergies or intolerances to dairy, eggs, soy, corn, and more
- Diabetics or low-glycemic dieters
- Paleo/SCD dieters
- Oil-free whole-foods dieters
- Calorie counters and health nuts
- Seasoned bakers wishing to try their hand at something new
- Oven-phobes who feel they can’t bake at all!
- Parents wanting to feed their children wholesome treats
- Children themselves!
- Anyone with a sweet tooth!
Whew! Too good to be true? I can tell you that it’s not! I poured my heart and soul into this book, and I can say will full confidence that it is just as great as (if not better than!) Practically Raw. The two volumes will perfectly complement one another on your bookshelf—imagine the desserts chapter of PR expanded into one mega-book of mouthwatering sweets. That’s PRD!
What are those treats on the cover, you ask? Clockwise from top left, we have a moist and tender German Chocolate Cake…
…colorful Tropical Fruit Tartlets…
…a showstopping Strawberries ‘n Crème Tart…
…black-and-white-and-wondrous Tuxedo Cheesecake Brownies…
…and a versatile and customizable Create-Your-Own Ice Cream with numerous variations, such as Java Chip, Strawberry, Butter Pecan, and Mint Chocolate Chip.
And that’s just the beginning of what Practically Raw Desserts has to offer! Inside, you’ll find treats like classic Sugar Cookie Cutouts…
…sultry Pecan Chai Spice Bars that you can make in 10 minutes flat…
…festive (yet sugar-free) Jingle Balls…
…a luxuriously rich Dark Chocolate Truffle Tart with Macaroon Crust…
…homestyle Vanilla Bean Peach Cobbler that you can warm up in a dehydrator OR an oven…
…and almost 100 more!
April 2013 can’t come soon enough!
Want to get a sneak peek at the five PRD recipes pictured above? You’re in luck! To make this announcement even more exciting – and to encourage you to preorder Practically Raw Desserts for yourself and/or purchase my first book, Practically Raw, as a gift for yourself or a loved one this holiday season – I’ve got a sweet offer for you.
To receive a free preview ebook containing the above five recipes from Practically Raw Desserts, simply do one of the following anytime between now and December 31st, 2012:
- Preorder Practically Raw Desserts online and forward your preorder confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Purchase Practically Raw online (it’ll make a great gift for yourself or for anyone else on your list!) and forward your order confirmation email to email@example.com.
- Purchase Practically Raw at any bookstore, snap a photo of your receipt, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you already own Practically Raw and don’t have anyone for whom you’d want to buy it as a gift, and if you can’t or don’t want to preorder Practically Raw Desserts at this time, leave a review (preferably a positive one—hehe!) of PR on Amazon and email a link to the review to email@example.com.
And while you’re at it, give it a “like” on Amazon as well!
I promise, you are going to LOVE Practically Raw Desserts!